Meteorite gemstone is the stone that is originated in the space. Most of the stone were found before 4,550 million years some were originated after that period. This stone hits the earth many times but some fall unnoticed.
What are the main sources of Meteorite Gemstone?
You may also find this stone in the Sahara Desert and Antarctica where these are found on the plain surface and not get hidden due to the vegetation.
Types of Meteorite gemstone
There are only three kinds of Meteorite gemstone that are popular in the world of gems. These are:
- Irons also known as siderites,
- Stones also called aerolites, and
- Stony Irons also known as siderolites.
Iron Meteorite gemstone: This stone is much dense and contains about 90 percent of iron and remaining 10 percent of nickel. This type of stone is found most often because of its unusual appearance.
Stone Meteorite gemstone: This stone is composed of mainly silicate as its main content and have iron and nickel of about 10 percent only. This gem is also subdivided further as:
- Chondrites: This stone contains chondrules that are spherical and quite small particle that is composed of approximately 50 minerals that includes orthopyrox chondrules, puroxenes and olivine.
- Achondrites: This stone doesn’t contain chondrules and have pyroxene and plagioclase feldspar in small amount with no iron and nickel particles.
- Stony Iron Meteorite gemstone: This stone contains equal amount of silicates and iron. This type of stone is found rarely.
The Stone Meteorite gemstone looks like an ordinary rock that’s why it is not found most often unless it is observed while falling. Meteorite gemstones that falls are chrondites with the ratio0 of 85 percent.